Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Obsession



It is totaly confirmed that I am slightly mad about just being on the beach. Always have been - I used to spend copious amounts of time growing up down on a fabulous beach with loads of friends at Amanzimtoti, Natal. then my folks moved to Knysna when I was still studying and I used to fly down and yup, get browner by the minute.


I have a feeling Hope is going to follow suit as she spends most of her days in her costume, even on a day like today!! I saw a friend walking VERY briskly along Kommetjie and listening to her ipod. Great idea - and then I spoke to a friend today who has taken up jogging and she was telling me how addictive it is (like blogging) no, not quite the same?! Row is LOVING his early morning(5am - he has moved to the girls bathroom to get ready instead of blinding me awake with our bathroom light!!!) gym session. Yup, the look on his face proves yet again - we are made to do exercise and get addicted. So - I am going to step up my non existant exercise regime and begin with regular, brisk ( ipod attached to ear and songs blasting) walking on my beloved Kommetjie beach. I might even begin with some slow meditative breathing exercises. No, man that for over 40's and I am NOT THERE YET!!!


Today I am grateful for...

soft little hands holding mine

Talor watching "Father of the Bride" and then saying she wants to wear white takkies with her wedding dress??? - this too shall pass

listening to our wedding video and hearing my dad's voice praying over us

a cuppa strong tea and paging through two new magazines with little interruption

the sound of soft rain

No comments: